When I think of Summer, I think Seafood, Fruit and amazing Platters.
Summer is for light food and entertaining and this one is the perfect Summer Salad both for the Sunday Brunch or entertaining.
It's quick, It's easy and its Summer Fresh. You can make this with whatever seafood you like prawns, salmon, bugs and why not lobster!.
- 16 large cooked & peeled prawns
- 2 heads of chicory - I used white but you can use white or red, washed and dried
- 2 heads of baby cos, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 yellow flesh nectarines
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 a cup of hazelnuts, chopped
- Handful of basil leaves finely cut
The thing I like more than this Summer Prawn & Nectarine Salad is that it is so quick and easy to make in 3 simple steps.
Base of Salad
1. Tear up the Cos and Choivy leaves and place in the bowl.
Place the cooked peeled prawns in the bowl and season with Salt & Pepper.
A touch of Sweetness
2. Combine the Hazelnut Oil and the juice of the lemon ~ (Tip: you could use either lemon or lime both will work with this salad) and drizzle over the salad
3. Thinly slice the Nectarine's and place over the Salad
4. Cut the tomatoes into wedges and place over the salad
5. Finally roughly chop the hazelnuts and throw over the salad. Drizzle a little more Hazelnut oil over the salad and salt & pepper
and serve straight away.
The great thing about this salad is you can't go wrong. Try different things - different seafood. Try smoked salmon instead of prawns, mangoes instead of nectarines, macadamia oil instead of hazlenut oil ( and nuts too!).
Honestly you can not go wrong it is just that simple quick and easy!